AL-ANON PUBLIC OUTREACH ACTIVITIES
Public outreach attracts people who suffer from the affects of someone else’s drinking to our Al-Anon Worldwide
fellowship of recovery and recognizes Al-Anon as a credible community service.
1. Create a public outreach service position in your group.
a. The public outreach person encourages and offers ideas for public outreach at your group’s business
2. Distribute free Public Outreach bookmarks or old unused group CAL labeled with our RI office contact information.
a. Libraries, doctors’ offices, school offices, restaurants, grocery stores, places of worship, police stations, town halls, municipal offices, and more.
- During a group business meeting, take turns applying the area contact information label and then ask for volunteers to distribute bookmarkers and report back during the next business meeting.
- Download and post the Public Outreach RIAFG tear-off document.
- Review the Public Outreach RIAFG Information Meeting PowerPoint and consider hosting an Information Meeting
- Consider providing a Public Outreach Pamphlet Stand at meeting or area locations.
WSO Public Outreach Resources
Contact the Public Outreach Coordinator, Jackie W. for more information on labels and any other questions.
Rhode Island Al-Anon Family Groups Area 49
106 Rolfe St.
Cranston, RI 02910
Phone: (401) 781-0044|Outreach.email@example.com